2021 will see Johor Darul Ta’zim FC (JDT) participate in Asian competitions for the seventh consecutive time. Four years were in the AFC Cup and the coming edition is the team’s third in the AFC Champions League.
Here are seven JDT Facts in Asian competitions:
1) The first Malaysian club to compete at the Asian level for seven consecutive years (2015-2021).
2) The first East Asian club to win the AFC Cup (2015).
3) The first Malaysian club to reach the AFC Cup final.
4) The first Malaysian club to compete in the AFC Champions League group stage for three consecutive years.
5) The first Malaysian club to win games and score goals in the AFC Champions League for two consecutive seasons.
6) Safawi Rasid’s goal against Shandong Luneng was voted as the Best AFC Champions League Goal of the Decade.
7) JDT have contributed 87% of Malaysia’s MA points through participations at the Asian level.For the 2021 season, JDT were drawn together with Jiangsu, Nagoya Grampus and Winner of Play-Off 3 in Group G.
Luaskan Kuasamu Johor.Hidup Johor Demi Johor